I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Witnessing 'DEATH"

Innalillah Wa Inna Ilaihi Raajiuun...

Yesterday 21/2/2011 was the 1st time in my life I saw and experiencing a man who is dying.
B4 that, in the morning as usual I was clerking a patient who was beside his bed. That time I could see he was in an intolerable state of breathelessness. Though his wife was there with him, but the pain that he was suffering cannot be described with words. An immediate lesson that I gained that time was, breathlessness can range from very mild to the one that the pak cik was suffering.

After having a Cardiovascular class with Dr Sushil under the topic of ACS-Acute Coronary Syndrome, as I was walking back (returning to hostel), I could saw the same Mak Cik (the wife of the suffering Pak Cik) crying. At that point of time, I didn't have the 'guts' to walk and go back from the hospital. There, inside an intensive room, I saw the MOs, HOs were struggling to resussitate the Pak Cik. Drugs such as Adrenaline, Dobutamine have been used.They countered the acidosis with Sodium Bicarbonate Infusion and CPR was also done. That time I was standing at a corner and felt so hopeless. Even the student nurse also was doing something to help that old man, and what is my contribution as a Medical Student? Nothing. I was a hopeless 'amoeba'. That old man was dying.

Suddenly I heard the MO incharge shouted at me- "Hey Medical Student, wear your glove and mask, come here and do CPR! Hurry!" At that time, I was so surprised and cannot believe that something I could do and contribute. Quickly I rushed off and those things and jumped on the bed and performed the CPR. Slowly, I told the Pak Cik to recite the Holy Sermon " La Ilaha Illa Allah"

Pupillary reflex was absent as I checked his eye. His BP continued to drop inspite the ionotropic agents that was given earlier. His pulse was irregularly irregular possibility of ventricular fibrillation. His extremities started to feel cold. The doctor sent a form to the Mak Cik to be signed. It indicated that 'the time' has came for the Pak Cik to meet his God, our God, The Empire of The Universe. I went and met the Mak Cik and told her to be brave, patience, stay strong and reminded her that all of us came from Allah al-Mighty, and to Him also, we shall return. I gave a kiss to the Pak Cik's forehead and walked out from the ward. I knew that, one day, we shall meet again, but for surely, in another world, World Of Justice.

Life has to move on. But definitely there will be a time, that its our turn. Maybe now, next 2 minutes, next week or next year.An 'Alim' person had told me that the interval between life and death is as same as the duration between the Azan and Iqamah.

Before I end, let us together recite the Ummul Kitab Al Fatihah, for those who have past away before us and all the Muslimin Muslimat, Mukminin Mukminat entirely.

Al-Fatihah...




X!0M@N!@[$ Prop.

No comments: