I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

'Healthy' Lifestyle

'Healthy' is a subjective thing. WHO define the word 'health' as; a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.
Eventhough that it looks like a complete definition, but still a lots of people argue about it. As I mention before, it is kind of abstract and subjective and vary from one individual to another. From 'A' point of view, health is like 'this', but 'B' might not agree with 'A'!
Alhamdulillah, it has been a year since I have completed my GM 'regime' diet (You can search it from my previous post). Initially I thought that it was difficult to reduce weight, but after I achieved a total of near 35kg of weight loss, some of the people said that it was even harder to maintain it!!!( Wow, that's another task!)
Ok, in this post, I would like to congratulate my self for being success to maintain my weight in a year duration.

These what I have done:
1. I had my own exercise timetable. I have set up targetted amount of work up for each week. For example, in a week at least I need to go jogging for at least 3 session for at least 30 minutes/session. The frequency can be vary, it is up to you. I also had up other exercises such as swimming(~ 2 time/week), playing football(when I am very busy with my daily postings) and gym work out. Before you start your workout, you need to know what are you doing and what is the target, and after you finish, just question yourself back, "Does my aim accomplished?"



2. Diet. Haha, this time no more GM diet. I couldn't imagine how I have the guts in doing that..but it really works! Ok, currently I try to eat what ever meal I want BUT in MODERATE amount. Bare in mind, I have lost a total of 35kgs so badly, and why do I want to easily gain it back? So whennever I eat excessively (alhamdulillah, my appetite is superb) I will think back of all my effort that I have done it before!

3. Calorie concious. This concept I used in situation like this. When I go breakfast at a Mamak restaurant, I would rather order 'air suam' instead of 'nescafee' not because I am 'kedekut' but it is because, when I reach my hostel back, I prefer to drink coffee while studying. By doing this method, you easily save calories for 1 glass of coffee!!! I also apply this method to other condition, and for sure the conditions may be varies but the concept remain the same. You also try it!



4. Own food timetable. This one you need to be strong enough and dicipline in doing this. If let say, I wanna have 'heavy meal'- chicken fried rest for example, I would rather try my best to eat it before 7 p.m. By doing this, I might not able to eat with my friends because of different timetable, but that is kind of price that I have to pay! But, actually I always eat biscuit (1 bar of small Tiger biscuit) for my dinner for most of the day in a week.



5. Last one for this post, I always give myself a break. Sometime when you wanna go and workout, but your body say that "enough is enough" then it is the time for you to have some break. Forget about the work out for a while. That time, you can eat what ever you wish (conciously) and continue the workout when you feel that your body will recover.

Okay folks, that's it for now. I may not be the most perfect person to give this small piece of tips regarding 'healthy' lifestyle, but this are some piece of puzzles that I have done throughout the year. Healthy is not just about reducing weight, but being fit is surely a part of it!

X!0M@N!@[$ Prop.

No comments: