I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Me as GOALKEEPER?? Part 1



Camner nak start citer kat korang semua?? Actually lots of hurdles, sweet and bad memories of becoming a goalie...

La Spezia,Italy (Yeah, Forza Italia!!!)

It started when I was 11 years of age...yeah when I was in Italy...my friends there asked me to stand in between the two post..which means --> Become a goalkeeper laa...when i had free time..( usually i had..hoho biasaklaa budak2 mestilaa banyak mase) I played with the Italians...a i kept playing with them, they thought me how to catch the ball, how to make saves, and all the basic aspect of becoming a goalkeeper...but i knew that for a 11 years old kid, im not that GOOD...( yalaa..main biasaq2 ajer)...

Perak-SMKASAS

so when i entered my secondary school ( of coz dekat malaysia sebab dah balik daa time tue..aug 1998 i went back to malaysia)...I played my first ever major tournament..my squad consist of all the form 1 students that time...if im not mistaken, scorpio city is the team. I gave the name.hoho...I managed to play a single game as a Goalkeeper...and on that match, as usual for form 1 student, we lost...and i conceded 2 goals ( kalo aku tak silap laa) but i kept fine goalkeeping displays..not bad for a debutant...but...to make things easy...i thought that at that particular time...i don want to further in football because there are lots of good lads in the school. Many good goalkeeper also. I just focussed on studies..But one moment that i can't forget until now is, i've asked my friend , who is also a goalkeeper to share some of his goalkeepingknowledge with me. That time i was in form 2. His name is Khairul Adli aka KADOL. ( Aku tak taulaa kalu orang panggil hang kadol lagi, tapi kadol...Thanx very Much!)...

KISAS

Generally most of my friends will remember me as a member of the college rugby team..yeah, i was the number 1 in the squad. For those who played/s rugby will know what number 1 means. But i do have some memories of becoming a goalkeeper...It started when we was form 4...Hilfi and the gangz organized a tournament for the form 4 students base on the state system-(cozz the guyz only are within the range of 100 ++ students)...So i can say that this is my second fotball tournament in mylife...as expected, i was given the chance of becoming the skipper of my team...our team that time is known as Seladang or better known as Perak 2. Why we were called Perak 2 is because we all from Perak State and with full of respect to all my team members, the players in my team can be considered as second-tier as compared as Perak 1 (the other team). If im not mistaken during the draw was made, we were supposed to be in a group without the team of Selangor 1. The group together of Selangor 1 consist of Perak 1, Selangor 1,Negeri Sembilan-Melaka and Selangor 2. But due to complicated matters, Perak 2 was swapped with Perak 1 in order to make sure that Perak 1 can go further in latter stages. Never mind. We didn't have the power to change things around. Our first match was Perak 2 Vs Selangor 2. Frankly, Selangor 2 was a better team. But during that match, I juz kept fine goalkeeping routine to make sure the ball didn't roll into the back of my net...Thanx God, during that day, a stoppage time goal from Faqih Puzi ( my SMKASAS old friend) seperate the 2 side. Perak2 beat Selangor2 with goal margin of 1- nil. Our next game was schedule to be versus Selangor 1. Selangor 1 consist lots of school players...one of them that I could remember until now is Ikram Abd Hakim- 2004 Kisas Athlete Of the Year -Hurm...I was nervous at that particular time...It was just like a match like fully strength Manchester United Vs Stoke City..They as Man U and surely us as the Stoke City...At that moment I couldn't predict what is the scoreline. But for surely it was an uphill task. Mission imppossible actually...At the end of the day, I conceded 8 goals and Perak1 didn't score even a single goal...I told u already. They were much better in all aspects...defends, attacks...everything...It just like comparing a brand new Mercedez Benz and an old Kancil car...hurm...my team was down...At that moment I could feel the unjustice of swapping our team with Perak1...But what to do...Juz could wish them well..( They:Perak1 reached the Final but eventually lost against Selangor1)...The last match was against Negeri Sembilan-Melaka...to make things easier, we lost that match 1-2...our goal scored by Ahmad Faiq Mukhtar with a lovely curling ball ( although that time he didn't recover from knee injury)...but to make things worst...i conceded a terrible goal! Hilmi Murtadza score from the middle of the field like the Xabi Alonso long range effort...at that time I tried to catch that ball, but without wearing any gloves, and lack of match fittness,to ball tht i was going to catch slip and rolled into the back of the net. The 2nd goal was a superb finish from him...I was very frusrated...All in all,Perak2 was out of the competition...we managed to secure only 1 points in 3 match. To make things worst, when Selangor2 Vs Selangor1, the lost with a lesser margin thanx to 'pre-match conversation' between them...Haha...those were all of our young days...Please don't get it wrong, i didn't 'sakit hati' or whatever related to it, it is juz 'a piece of my mind'...Hahahahahaha....

No comments: